The National Cave and Karst Research Institute is proud to be administered by the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology (NMT). NMT is looking to hire an Assistant Professor with expertise in karst hydrology. If you are interested, please see the announcement below.
The web site for the 2015 KG@B meeting is now up and running.
Volumes of the journal "Cave & Karst Science" from 1974 to 2005 are now available as free downloads
An announcement of a recently published blog post of Derek Ford that provides a thorough review of arguments pro and contra for the Four-State model of cave genesis in the dimensions of length and depth, and invites an informal discussion.
The Geological Society of America Convention this year it will be held in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, on 19-22 October. Five karst or karst-related sessions are offered.
Did you know?
That classical karst is originally the region called kras in slovenia, which gave its name to the karst landscape. used in this sense about 95% of the classical karst lies in slovenia, with the remaining 5% extending to italy. a slightly different area was covered by descriptions of early investigations or karst phenomena, when the name classical karst was applied to a region between ljubljana, gorizia and rijeka, mainly in slovenia with some parts in italy and croatia .?
Checkout all 2699 terms in the KarstBase Glossary of Karst and Cave Terms
Glossary of Karst and Cave Terms
Based on "A Lexicon of Cave and Karst Terminology with Special to Environmental Karst Hydrology" EPA/600/R-02/003, 2002, EPA: Washington, DC., Speleogenesis Glossary includes 2699 cave & karst terms