The book “Hypogene Karst Regions and Caves of the World” is going to be published by Springer, in its series “Cave and Karst Systems of the World”.
There will be a karst session at the AGU Fall 2016 Meeting in San Francisco, USA in December 12-16: Characterization, Modeling, and Remediation of Fissured, Carbonate, and Karst Groundwater Systems
A book "Höhlen und Karst in Österreich" (Caves and karst in Austria; Editors: Christoph Spötl, Lukas Plan & Ehrad Christian) will be printed until mid of July. Subscription is available.
Many inspiring ideas on caves can be found in images created by children, generated by the International Contest of Kid’s Drawing "Caves in the Eyes of our Children".
A call to submit an abstract to a session devoted to karst aquifers, which will be held in September in Montpellier during the 43rd IAH Congress
Did you know?
That alveolization is (from the latin word 'alveolatus,' meaning hollowed out.) pitting of a rock surface produced by wind loaded with sand, by water charged with carbonic acid, or by plant roots . see also alveolar. synonyms: (french.) alveolisation; (german.) wabenverwitterung; (greek.) kypselothis epiphania; (italian.) alveolizzazione; (spanish.) alveolizacion; (turkish.) cukurlasma; (yugoslavian.) alveolizacija.?
Checkout all 2699 terms in the KarstBase Glossary of Karst and Cave Terms
Journal of the British Speleological Association
Aims & Scope
The World Cave and Karst Science journals database (WCKSJ) is a part of KarstBase facilitating an access to journals, which focus is specifically the cave and karst studies. The WCKSJ fully covers 16 major journals in the field since their launch and allows a quick search through this remarkable mass of cave and karst knowledge. It provides bibliographic descriptions, abstracts and, when available, web links to full-text papers online.
Search in Journal of the British Speleological Association
Use this form to search inside World Karst and Cave Journals. You can search in all journals or select specific journal of interest from the drop-down menu. Use the year option to narrow down your search.
- Expedition to the Peruvian Andes, 1972 - The Pirhuacocha Area, Wadge G.; Coward J.M.H., 1973,
- Expedition to the Peruvian Andes, 1972 - Caves in Peru, Tunbridge L.W., 1973,
- Cave Rescue Incidents in Britain, 1935 - 1972, Standing I.J., 1973,
- The P8 Cave System, Castleton [Derbyshire], Smith P.B.; Waltham A.C., 1973,
- The Hydrology of Limestone Caves, Newson M.D., 1973,
- Caves of the Cantabrian Mountains, North-West Spain, Cox G., 1973,
- Expedition to the Peruvian Andes, 1972 - Expedition Logistics, Bowser R.J.; Tunbridge L.W.; Wadge G., 1973,
- Expedition to the Peruvian Andes, 1972 - The Caves of the Palcamayo Area, Bowser R.J.; Coward J.M.H., 1973,
- Expedition to the Peruvian Andes, 1972 - Log of the Peru Expedition, Bowser R.J., 1973,
- The History of Cave Exploration in the Morecombe Bay Area, Ashmead P., 1973,
- Cave Conservation - A Lost Cause ?, Wilmut J., 1972,
- The Gouffre Berger, 1971, Waltham A.C., 1972,
- Cave Genesis in Gypsum, with Special Reference to Underwater Conditions, Kempe S., 1972,
- Caves and Caving - An Exhibition and Educational Film by the City Museum, Bristol, Davies R.V., 1972,
- Leck Fell and the Three Counties System, Waltham A.C., 1971,
- The Gouffre de la Pierre St. Martin [France], Reckert N., 1971,
- Caves and Caving in Kingsdale [Yorkshire], Brook D., 1971,
- A Study in Jamaica - Appendix I - Water Supplies [Medical Report], Tratman E.K., 1969,
- A Study in Jamaica - The Solutional Erosion of Limestone in the Area around Maldon and Maroon Town, St. James, Smith D.I., 1969,
- A Study in Jamaica - Hydrology Observations, Smith D.I., 1969,
- Limestone Geomorphology: A Study in Jamaica - Introduction, Smith D.I., 1969,
- A New method of measuring Soil Carbon Dioxide for Limestone Solution Studies with Results from Jamaica and the U.K., Nicholson F.H.; Nicholson H.M., 1969,
- A Study in Jamaica - Micro Erosion Measurments made in Jamaica in 1967, High C.; Hanna F.K., 1969,
- A Study in Jamaica - Water Tracing, Drew D.P., 1969,
- A Study in Jamaica - The Geology of the country around Maldon and Maroon Town, St. James, Atkinson T.C., 1969,
- A Study in Jamaica - Report on Cave Exploration in Jamaica in 1967, Atkinson T.C., 1969,
- Malham Waters and Pikedaw Calamine Mine, Simpson E., 1967,
- A Survey of the Mineshafts at Peakshill Farm, Castleton, Mee B.L., 1967,
- New Considerations of the Importance of the Fill in the Grotte du Docteur a Huccorgne, Belguim, Marsden-Ley B., 1967,
- Notes on the Remains of a Mustelidia found at a Cave Entrance at Presles, Belgium, Marsden-Ley B., 1967,