The book “Hypogene Karst Regions and Caves of the World” is going to be published by Springer, in its series “Cave and Karst Systems of the World”.
There will be a karst session at the AGU Fall 2016 Meeting in San Francisco, USA in December 12-16: Characterization, Modeling, and Remediation of Fissured, Carbonate, and Karst Groundwater Systems
A book "Höhlen und Karst in Österreich" (Caves and karst in Austria; Editors: Christoph Spötl, Lukas Plan & Ehrad Christian) will be printed until mid of July. Subscription is available.
Many inspiring ideas on caves can be found in images created by children, generated by the International Contest of Kid’s Drawing "Caves in the Eyes of our Children".
A call to submit an abstract to a session devoted to karst aquifers, which will be held in September in Montpellier during the 43rd IAH Congress
Did you know?
That exchange capacity is 1. the amount of exchangeable ions measured in moles of ion change per kilogram of solid material at a given ph. synonymous with ion exchange capacity . 2. the total ionic charge of the adsorption complex active in the adsorption of ions . see also cation-exchange capacity.?
Checkout all 2699 terms in the KarstBase Glossary of Karst and Cave Terms
- Klimchouk, Alexander, Ukrainian Institute of Speleology and Karstology, Ukraine
- Alexander, Calvin, University of Minnesota, USA
- Audra, Philippe, Universite Nice-Sophia-Antipolis, France
- De Waele, Jo, University of Bologna, Italy
- Dreybrodt, Wolfgang, University of Bremen, Germany
- Faulkner, Trevor, University of Birmingham, UK
- Gabrovsek, Franci, Karst Research Institute, Slovenia
- Gunn, John, University of Birmingham, UK
- Ford, Derek, McMaster University, Canada
- Hauselmann, Philipp, Universität für Bodenkultur, Vienna, Austria
- Jeannin, Pierre-Yves, Swiss Institute for Speleology and Karst Studies, SISKA
- Lauritzen, Stein-Erik, Bergen University, Norway
- Lowe, David, British Geological Survey, UK
- Mylroie, John, Mississippi State University, USA
- Osborne, Armstrong, University of Sydney, Australia
- Palmer, Arthur, State University of New York, Oneonta, NY, USA
- Plan, Lucas, Vienna Museum of Natural History, Austria
- Schindel, Geary, Edwards Aquifer Authority, USA
- Sustersic France, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Veni, George, National Cave and Karst Research Institute, USA
- White, William, Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Worthington, Stephen, Worthington Groundwater, Canada
- Alexey Kopchinskiy, Vienna University of Technology